Business owners require accurate and complete financial information to allow them to make business decisions efficiently and effectively. Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment on which we do not compromise. Our firm provides a full range of cost-effective accounting services including, but not limited to the following:
- Compilation of financial statements;
- Accounting system set-up for new and existing businesses; and
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive financial and operational ideas and solutions to maximize your company’s profitability and efficiency. Our firm provides both review and audit engagement services. Our firm provides a number of value-added assurance services including, but are not limited to:
- Conducting reviews and audits to ensure that your company complies with government, banking and securities regulations;
- Completing special engagements to provide assurance to investors, creditors, partners, etc.; and
- Reviewing internal accounting systems to highlight areas for improvement of controls or operations.
Virtually every business or investment decision has tax implications. By maintaining current on relevant and new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our corporate and personal clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Our experienced staff can develop tax-minimization strategies to optimize your after-tax position and cash flow. Taxation services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations;
- Preparation of Canadian tax returns and compliance for individuals, corporations, estates and trusts;
- Preparation of U.S. tax returns and compliance for individuals and corporations;
- Tax planning and compliance for Provincial and Federal commodity taxes;
- Advising on reorganization opportunities, purchases and sales of businesses;
- Consulting for business expansion and investment/financing opportunities and structuring;
- Retirement planning; and
- Negotiating with Canada Revenue Agency.
We measure our value by the personal and business success of our clients, and we grow as our clients grow. Business owners and entrepreneurs require a trusted, reliable resource to assist in all areas of their everyday decision-making. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth, and we can develop solutions that are practical, cost-effective and technically sound. In addition to advising management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation;
- Business valuations;
- Buying/selling a business;
- Developing a business plan;
- Budgetary controls and analysis;
- Obtaining financing;
- Business process improvement;
- Computer systems; and
- Developing a succession plan.
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse/family, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of ensuring your financial affairs are in order.
Managing wealth can be as difficult as obtaining it. Our aim is to ensure that our clients achieve their business, personal and family financial objectives. We do so by:
- Minimizing your tax burden;
- Understanding your cash flow needs today and in the future.
- Assessing your insurance needs;
- Developing a succession plan for your business; and
- Developing an estate plan to meet your retirement objectives.
As government reporting requirements become increasingly complex, even the smallest business must maintain current and accurate records. If our clients do not require the services of a full time bookkeeper, we offer computerized record keeping designed to produce the necessary reports to ensure these reporting requirements are met. These services include:
- Payroll, including government remittances;
- The calculation and preparation of sales tax remittances; and
- The preparation of all journals and ledgers required for financial reporting.