Sone Rovet Chasson LLP is a team of trusted and proactive professionals who are passionate about providing timely, strategic, financial and business solutions to our clients. We believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship as a partnership and recognize that our success is driven by their success.
To support the growing needs of our firm, we are currently looking for a Manager to join the team.
What We Offer
The relationships we build within our team are highly important to us. We recognize our employees as individuals and support them as such. In addition to a supportive work environment, we offer the following:
- Health and wellness group benefits
- A path for internal development
- Work-life balance
- 35-hour work-weeks during non-peak times
- Paid sick days
- Competitive pay and vacation
- Free onsite parking
We operate in compliance with the requirements and recommendations of each level of government to ensure the health and safety of our team, clients, and other stakeholders.
As a hybrid workplace, personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients and community, we require all partners and employees to be fully vaccinated in order to enter our office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.
You have a minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a similar work environment, and a fundamental knowledge of accounting practices and principles. You are self-driven, organized, have strong communication skills and an impeccable attention to detail.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the completion and review of assurance engagements, tax engagements and financial statements in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and industries.
- Effectively communicate within our team, with clients, and relevant government agencies.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and other members of the team and respond to requests and suggestions.
- Review personal tax returns, trust returns, T4, T5, GST/HST returns and other relevant information returns.
- Hold responsibility for the full scope of file completion.
- Identify accounting or tax issues and consult with more senior team members as needed.
- Assist with the training, development and supervision of more junior members of the team.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients as well as prospecting new business opportunities.
- Complete additional projects or related duties as required.
- A University degree or College diploma in a relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Canadian public accounting experience including the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Work experience in a similar environment is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using CaseWare, Taxprep and MS Office (including Excel and Word).
We believe every employee should have the opportunity to succeed. Sone Rovet Chasson LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract employees from diverse backgrounds and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank the talent acquisition industry for their interest but ask not to be contacted at this time.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com.